Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Unfortunately sometimes school gets the best of me...homework, presentations...etc..work...etc. BUT, what I did find in my homework this week was that here in Canada we are unable to see the definition of what ORGANIC means, along with the list of substances that goes into our organic food...unless we pay 30$ per document...this was my presentation from yesterday. What concerns me here, is what are they trying to hide? Why cant the average person see this content? WHY WHY WHY WHY?!?! This left me with so many questions and concerns...it scares me, it leaves me feeling insecure with my purchases, is organic really better? And so I was off to search through article after article...and it left me to find that no one to this date has proved that organic is actually better for you nutritionally....URGH. Obviously its better environmentally, and politically...but over everything, I care about what goes into my body. I care about my health, and my families health. So why am I paying more for organic food, when the government here in Canada can not even prove to me that organic is truly better for my body?

http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgsb/on_the_net/organic/index-e.html
This is the website the CFIA sends you to to find the organic information, yet it leads you to a dead end. How are we letting them get away with this in Canada.


Can anyone help me out here?

No comments:

Post a Comment