Thursday, November 26, 2009

Raw - Vegan
Kale Salad

When I first came across Kale, I was very intimidated by it. At first I danced around it, I threw it in my shakes, but never ate it as a salad. But, as time past, I wanted to try eating it just as a salad...and so I did. Its not as bitter as I thought it would be and its actually quite tasty if its mixed with the right ingredients; I always mix in a sweet fruit, like grapes or an apple to sweeten it up.

Ingredients:
1 apple, or a cup of grapes cut in halves
a bunch of kale, cut up into smaller peices
from here you can add in any veggies you have in the fridge :)
mushrooms
peppers
avacado
carrots
onions
.....you get the idea
Toss all ingredients you choose in a bowl, add some olive oil and salt and pepper...tadummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment