Tuesday, January 12, 2010

While on the topic of detoxing, I recently went to my naturopath for some advice of coming off the birth control pill. I have been on the pill for 5 years, and after much research I have found that while being on the pill, the body absorbs a lot less nutrients. So, I figured it was time to come off, and to regulate my system in a more natural way....BUT, I've had so many problems, my hormones are literally all over the board...and there is no regulation at all.

SO! First, he said...DETOX THE LIVER, because that is where the body breaks down our medications, and it also stores all of the chemicals from my birth control pills, plus it is a good idea if you just want to get rid of any toxins (if you have liver disease this is not a treatment, it is recommended that you seek professional help). He suggested I use 25 drops of milkthistle 3 times a day mixed in with water, he suggested I use the brand TotaVita. This milkthistle will use its antioxidant properties to protect our liver from all toxins, and furthermore to regenerate itself and to help get rid of the damaged cells.

I think its worth a try :)

Furthermore, if you are coming off the birth control pill, he suggested to use a hormone regulator...For me he suggested I use FEM-Matrix by Cyto-Matrix, its full of different helps that help to regulate our female hormones naturally...its made up of:

Dong Quai Extract
Black Cohosh Root and Rhizome Extract
Hesperidin
Quercitin
Chasteberry Fruit
Wild yam
St. Johns Wort extract
and Red Clover

So far I am taking 2 twice a day...and hopefully I will start to see some great changes soon :) yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment